The AA Literature Shop in the General Service Office is open to visitors only on Wednesdays between 9.30am and 4.30pm. This is to facilitate members that wish to purchase literature in person.
Protocols are in place to protect visitors and staff. Vistors must wear a mask.
Only one visitor is allowed in the shop at any one time so GSO encourgages visitors to place literature orders by phone or on our online Shop (for collection from GSO), prior to visiting the AA shop so that GSO can have orders ready for collection.
Consideration is given to all who wish to access the shop so GSO aims to limit the time of each visit and will process orders as efficiently as possible.
Order Forms are available to download (HERE) or we can send them by post.
Reminder for AA Groups - Groups are responsible for notifying GSO of any Group/Meeting changes.
Think of those people seeking help for an alcohol problem who rely on our website to find AA meetings.
GSO can offer guidance to Groups to effectively manage the process for updating any Group information. Contact 01 8420700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions.
AA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes.
Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
- Initially the shop will open ONE day each week, on Wednesdays between 9.30am and 4.30pm.
- Please note that visitors will not be able to access the shop on any other day of the week.
- Members are encouraged to place their literature orders with GSO prior to visiting the AA shop or at the very least have their order forms completed beforehand.
- Order forms can be downloaded from our website or posted to you.
- Staff at GSO will aim to have orders completed as efficiently as possible to avoid any delays. The aim is to limit the time of each visit to approx. 15 minutes. This is in the interest of fairness for other members waiting their turn to access the shop as only one customer is allowed in the shop at any one time.
- Visitors will be required to sanitise their hands when entering the building and wear a mask.
- We ask that members are mindful not to discuss AA Structure or group related issues with staff members while visiting the AA Shop.
- The shop is reopening to facilitate members that wish to purchase literature in person.
- The shop opening days/times will be reviewed in due course.